Monday, March 18, 2013

Okay... so it's been a while... shame on me!  I have had more time these past few weeks while my student teacher does her solo teaching, so I don't even have much of an excuse for not blogging- except that I am not teaching so it is harder to think of stuff to write about.  I have been "invisible" (mostly) for two weeks now.  It is hard and and I miss teaching, but it is nice having two people to do my job.  (It's also a little sad how well it works to have two people to do my job- teaching expectations have gotten out of control!).  The kids are a riot... asking Ms. Strafford (student teacher) who she is talking to when she asks me a question... it's absolutely amazing that 5 and 6 year old kids can have such defined and fun senses of humor.  :)

I have made a few things, although one is  now out-dated for the year, it's St.Patrick's Day Sight Word Game.  The standard it is associated with is CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.K.3c .  The other activity is a compound word activity.  I wasn't able to find an exact standard stating "compound words", but I think it goes with CCSS.ELA-Literacy.RF.K.2b.  Both items are available in my TpT store.  The springtime Rainbow Compound Words is a FREEBIE!  Both items are differentiated.


Leprechaun's Golden Sight Word Game 
Rainbow Compound Words FREEBIE
Finally, I made a homework sheet for capacity.  It goes with these standards:

You can download it here:
Capacity Practice Sheet FREEBIE

I am hoping to continue to post common core aligned homework sheets for math each week so please check back if you find this one helpful!  

No comments:

Post a Comment