Sunday, February 24, 2013

Homework... Need I Say More?

We start the expectation of homework the second semester in kindergarten at my school.  My grade level decided on this format:

Monday:  Practice sight words
Tuesday: Read story that was sent home
Wednesday:  Math sheet
Thursday:  Read a story and practice a story element (we sent a list of suggestions home)

I think it is a great plan, because technically, I only have to send an extra thing home one day, yet I am still convinced that I dislike homework more than the kids, lol!.   Every Wednesday I am trying to find a good homework sheet.  Yep, you read that right... I forget every week, leaving myself scrambling every Wednesday.  I hate to send home anything meaningless, yet finding cute things aligned with common core and our themes has been a challenge. Now that I have my student teacher who is doing a good portion of my job- I have had some time to think ahead and I have started making my own homework sheets. Here is what I sent home last week to go with our social studies unit on American Symbols:
You can click on. the picture to get your FREE copy
This is what I am sending home this week to go with Dental Health Month:
You can get a FREE copy of this one here.

I hope you find these helpful.  Please feel free to post your comments. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment