Sunday, January 6, 2013

Out With the Old... In With the New... Gradebook


Here we are... the start of a new year, and the start of a new semester.  What better time to upgrade your grade book?  Do you use S, N, or U?  If you do this file is for you!  At my school, kindergarten and first grade have to do their own thing.  Second through fifth grades have to enter grades online.  I think I'd rather have to come up with my own grade book, thank you very much!  :)   For years, I would sit there and enter "S-S-S..."  Then I got smart and copied and pasted a column of "S"s. Then I got even smarter and did it this way...  
Easy Entry Gradebook

The directions are not in the file because I don't know how to do that in a spreadsheet... Here they are:
1.  Fill in the information at the top.  
Step 1
There are tabs at the bottom for each subject.  If you need another subject, simply copy and paste into a new tab.  I believe you rename the tab by right clicking it.
Colored Tabs at the bottom.  Click for each subject.


2.  Type your students' names in the column on the left.  You can copy and paste it into the other subjects.
Step 2

3.  Begin entering grades.  I put sticky notes on top of sets of papers with the names of students who did not get an "S".  Then I change their grades, highlight the column, and change the color to black. 
Step 3

4.  Save and you are done. 
Step 4


It takes me no time at all to enter grades this way.  I absolutely love it!
You can download it for free right here.  I  hope you find this helpful!

No comments:

Post a Comment